List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian LaVallee Date:July 14 2009 3:08am
Subject:New Localization: class.language.php: Preferences Page: Available
Languages:
View as plain text
Hi Bryan,

I have been having issues getting a new locale to show up in the user
preferences.  The new language is not ALWAYS available.

It did take a while to get the naming and permissions right, but I found
that the following will work.

path_to_eventum/misc/localization/ja_JP.po
path_to_eventum/misc/localization/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/eventum.mo

In path_to_eventum/include/class.language.php there is a comment that says,
"Note that the locales are first tested before they are listed as choices in
Preferences page."

Can you provide me with a little information about what is tested?  I
suspect that the locale test is not always succeeding.

While I only have about 25% translated, it is useful to see what has been
completed so far to make corrections.  Is that part of my problem?

Thanks,

Brian LaVallee
Director of Technologies, PBXL
brian.lavallee@stripped
Main: +81 [0]34-550-1600
Cell: +81 [0]90-6869-4114
http://www.pbxl.jp

Thread
New Localization: class.language.php: Preferences Page: AvailableLanguages:Brian LaVallee14 Jul
  • Re: New Localization: class.language.php: Preferences Page: AvailableLanguages:Bryan Alsdorf14 Jul
    • Minor Issue : Eventum 2.3.2 RC1: UPGRADE from 2.2: Workflow Backend:APP_INC_PATH: Leading Slash:Brian LaVallee5 Mar
      • Eventum 2.3.2 RC1: UPGRADE from 2.2: Release Conflict:lib/eventum/workflow/class.release.phpBrian LaVallee5 Mar
      • Re: Minor Issue : Eventum 2.3.2 RC1: UPGRADE from 2.2: Workflow Backend:APP_INC_PATH: Leading Slash:Elan Ruusamäe10 Mar
Re: New Localization: class.language.php: Preferences Page: Available Languages:Georger Araujo14 Jul