List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:September 10 2004 2:11pm
Subject:RE: setup.config.php locking problems
View as plain text
Clay,

> > Since the locks directory is needed in order for Eventum to be able to
> > send emails out, I think we need to add a warning a missing locks
> > directory. Similar to how the check for the "templates_c" directory is
> > being done now.
>
> This locking issues are fixed in the attached patch. Also included is proper
> error handling as it is done throughout the rest of Eventum. Finally, the
> setup script is updated with this patch to check for the existence of the
> /misc/locks directory.

Sorry for taking so long to reply... last few weeks have been a mess.

There is one problem here: if you are already logging the errors with the
Error_Handler class, then we don't need to output the error messages. Otherwise
for cron jobs, you will end up getting two error emails, right?

> Note: I hand over copyright of the code included in this patch to MySQL AB
> for use in the Eventum Issue Tracking System project.

I got a response from our legal department, and it's not as simple as just
saying that for bigger patches. I would prefer to talk to you on the phone about
this, to speed this up. Is the phone number listed in your domain records still
valid?

--Joao

Thread
setup.config.php locking problemsClay Loveless28 Aug
  • RE: setup.config.php locking problemsBryan Alsdorf28 Aug
    • Re: setup.config.php locking problemsClay Loveless28 Aug
      • RE: setup.config.php locking problemsJoao Prado Maia30 Aug
        • Re: setup.config.php locking problemsClay Loveless30 Aug
          • RE: setup.config.php locking problemsJoao Prado Maia30 Aug
            • Re: setup.config.php locking problemsClay Loveless31 Aug
              • RE: setup.config.php locking problemsJoao Prado Maia10 Sep