List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:August 30 2004 1:24pm
Subject:RE: setup.config.php locking problems
View as plain text
Clay,

> It sure would be great to get a look at that TODO list...
> I'd much rather be
> spending my time helping you guys get through the items on
> it instead of
> tracking down things that are already on the list. : )

Ok, I'll talk with Bryan today and send out a smaller version of the
TODO list. Some (maybe most?) of it is related to the internal usage
from the MySQL Support team, so it wouldn't be appropriate to release
the whole list.

> Anyway -- my preference would be a subdirectory of /misc such as
> /misc/locks, where there's not actually file locking going
> on for each
> mailbox, but just a touch()/unlink() combo and a check for
> the presence of
> the lock file.
>
> If that sounds like the fix you had in mind, I'll bang it
> out and send it
> in.

That sounds good. But since you are doing this, please go the extra
mile and change the other scripts that create lock files to also use
this "locks" directory.

I believe this is it:

- /misc/process_mail_queue.php
- /misc/irc/bot.php

--Joao

Thread
setup.config.php locking problemsClay Loveless28 Aug
  • RE: setup.config.php locking problemsBryan Alsdorf28 Aug
    • Re: setup.config.php locking problemsClay Loveless28 Aug
      • RE: setup.config.php locking problemsJoao Prado Maia30 Aug
        • Re: setup.config.php locking problemsClay Loveless30 Aug
          • RE: setup.config.php locking problemsJoao Prado Maia30 Aug
            • Re: setup.config.php locking problemsClay Loveless31 Aug
              • RE: setup.config.php locking problemsJoao Prado Maia10 Sep