List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:August 26 2004 1:27pm
Subject:RE: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bug
View as plain text
Clay,

</snip>

> I would be happy to fix this problem -- the question is how
> you'd like it to
> be fixed?
>
> The options seem to be:
>
> A. Make the port field a required field.
>
> B. Include little routines to insert the appropriate
> default ports into the
> ema_port value if port is blank ... In manage/email_accounts.php and
> manage/check_email_settings.php
>
> C. Modify class.support.php and class.email_account.php in
> similar fashion
> to mods in option B, above.
>

> My preference -- option B. However, I've held off on making
> this change,
> since I want to know what the core dev team would prefer
> ... In an effort to
> understand more about how you guys think. : )

My way of thinking on these type of things is that implicit actions
are for the most part always a bad thing. So what I would like is
option 'A', and change the notice to say "(Tip: default port....)".
This way it will be a bit more obvious that the values are not going
to be added implicitly.

--Joao

Thread
Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugClay Loveless26 Aug
  • RE: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugJoao Prado Maia26 Aug
    • Re: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugClay Loveless30 Aug
      • Re: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugClay Loveless30 Aug
        • RE: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugJoao Prado Maia30 Aug
          • Re: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugClay Loveless30 Aug
          • RE: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugJoao Prado Maia30 Aug
Re: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugmarcin.slusarczyk26 Aug