List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:August 8 2005 7:28pm
Subject:RE: Connection Error for Outgoing Emails Though Connection is Valid
View as plain text
Carl,

> I am having an issue with Eventum sending out email
> notifications.  When configuring a project's email account I
> am able to test and set my email settings successfully
> ("Thank you, the connection to the email server was created
> successfully.")  I then configured the project and users so
> that when an issue is created, an email is sent to the
> individual the issue is assigned to, however no email is ever
> actually sent.  When I query my "eventum_mail_queue" table, a
> record does exists for the email message, but the status is "error."
>
> Note: I am restricted from using cron to schedule script
> executions, so I modified class.mail_queue.php file to
> execute "Mail_Queue::send('pending', 5);" and
> "Mail_Queue::send('error', 5);" rather than relying on cron.
>
> Here is my error log:
>
> [Mon Aug 08 10:52:21 2005] An error was found on line '225'
> of script
> '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/xxxxxxx.com/httpdocs/eventum/inclu
> de/class.mail_queue.php'.
> The error message passed to us was:
> 'unable to connect to smtp server mail.xxxxxxx.com:110'
> A more detailed error message follows:
> ''

Well, I think you are getting confused between SMTP and POP3 email
accounts. You need to go to 'Administration -> General Setup' and set
the SMTP server information in there, not the POP3 email account.

--Joao

Thread
Connection Error for Outgoing Emails Though Connection is ValidCarl Morris8 Aug
  • RE: Connection Error for Outgoing Emails Though Connection is ValidJoao Prado Maia8 Aug