List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:marcin.slusarczyk Date:August 26 2004 8:40am
Subject:Re: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bug
View as plain text
Hi

I am not eventum developer, but I prefer to set port a required field. And
when configuration page will appear first time the form will be preset
with default values.

Marcin Slusarczyk

Message from Clay Loveless <clay@stripped> received on 2004-08-26
10:11

2004-08-26 10:11

Clay Loveless <clay@stripped>

        To:     "eventum-devel@stripped" <eventum-devel@stripped>
        cc:     (bcc: Marcin Slusarczyk/PLCRC/ABB)
        Subject:        Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bug

The way the port field is labeled on the Manage Email Accounts page leads
me
to believe that if I leave the port field blank, the default ports for
POP3
and IMAP will be used based on my account type selection.

However, this is not the case -- leaving the port field blank results in
an
'invalid remote specification' error when clicking on the Test Settings
button.

I would be happy to fix this problem -- the question is how you'd like it
be fixed?

The options seem to be:

A. Make the port field a required field.

B. Include little routines to insert the appropriate default ports into
the
ema_port value if port is blank ... In manage/email_accounts.php and
manage/check_email_settings.php

C. Modify class.support.php and class.email_account.php in similar fashion
to mods in option B, above.

My preference -- option B. However, I've held off on making this change,
since I want to know what the core dev team would prefer ... In an effort
understand more about how you guys think. : )

-Clay

--
Killersoft.com