List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Clay Loveless Date:August 26 2004 8:11am
Subject:Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bug
View as plain text
The way the port field is labeled on the Manage Email Accounts page leads me
to believe that if I leave the port field blank, the default ports for POP3
and IMAP will be used based on my account type selection.

However, this is not the case -- leaving the port field blank results in an
'invalid remote specification' error when clicking on the Test Settings
button.

I would be happy to fix this problem -- the question is how you'd like it to
be fixed?

The options seem to be:

A. Make the port field a required field.

B. Include little routines to insert the appropriate default ports into the
ema_port value if port is blank ... In manage/email_accounts.php and
manage/check_email_settings.php

C. Modify class.support.php and class.email_account.php in similar fashion
to mods in option B, above.

My preference -- option B. However, I've held off on making this change,
since I want to know what the core dev team would prefer ... In an effort to
understand more about how you guys think. : )

-Clay

--
Killersoft.com

Thread
Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugClay Loveless26 Aug
  • RE: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugJoao Prado Maia26 Aug
    • Re: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugClay Loveless30 Aug
      • Re: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugClay Loveless30 Aug
        • RE: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugJoao Prado Maia30 Aug
          • Re: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugClay Loveless30 Aug
          • RE: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugJoao Prado Maia30 Aug
Re: Manage Email Accounts, Default Port bugmarcin.slusarczyk26 Aug