List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:August 25 2004 1:32pm
Subject:RE: Jumping in, both feet
View as plain text
Clay,

> I'd like to get involved in the development as much as I
> can. Is there a
> current roadmap of what needs to be accomplished before the
> 1.2.3 release?

The next release will be 1.3 and the biggest change will be a customer
API in which you will be able to plug eventum into your CRM database.

> Something I would like to contribute -- I'm the developer
> of the PEAR
> VersionControl_SVN package, and would really like to
> integrate that into
> Eventum so that Eventum can access CVS and SVN
> repositories. Would that be a
> welcome addition?

Eventum already has integration with CVS, and I would like to avoid
making it a full-blown SVN client, kind of like Chora is for CVS or
whatever.

The SCM integration feature in Eventum already allows you to "plug"
different integration scripts, so that when a commit/push happens in
CVS or Bitkeeper, Eventum is notified of that and records the
information.

> Finally, is it possible to obtain a BitKeeper client for
> Mac OS X for an
> open source project without buying a BitKeeper license? I
> checked around on
> the BitKeeper site and didn't see anything along those lines.

Unfortunately, the Bitkeeper server that we use for Eventum
development is internal, and only MySQL AB employees can use that.
However, you could clone the Bitkeeper repository on mysql.bkbits.net,
develop locally your features, and send us your patches when you are
done.

I'm sure there must be some Mac OS X client, since many of our
employees use that OS.

--Joao

Thread
Jumping in, both feetClay Loveless25 Aug
  • Re: Jumping in, both feetJan Rieger25 Aug
    • Re: Jumping in, both feetClay Loveless25 Aug
  • RE: Jumping in, both feetJoao Prado Maia25 Aug