List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shuichi Tamagawa Date:February 28 2005 11:11am
Subject:RE: Using multi-byte characters
View as plain text
Hi Bryan,

Here is the test result.

> 1. Print out the data as soon as it is submitted. You can do
> this by adding var_dump($_POST); to new.php.

If I see the test result on the browser, the character is still intact here.
If I show the source of the result page, however, it is converted to NCR like...

["summary"]=>
string(8) "あ"
["description"]=>
string(8) "あ"

> 2. Print out the data immediately before it is inserted. You
> will need to edit include/class.issue.php, the insert()
> method, about line 1665.

The same as above.

It seems that the character is already converted at the point 1.