List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:January 16 2005 3:26am
Subject:RE: Customer API and User Table
View as plain text
John,

> Can someone please explain the correlation to a customer and it's
> requirement in the User table? I'm not sure I understand why
> an entry in the user table is required.

A customer entry is required in the user table because that's how authentication
is done throughout Eventum. In order for a customer to login to Eventum, and
report tickets, they need a row in the user table.

Also, each entity in the database (issue related or not), is usually associated
back to the user ID of the person performing the specific task (like creating an
issue, sending an email, etc), so you need that record for those entries as
well.

--Joao

Thread
Customer API and User TableJohn De Lello12 Jan
RE: Customer API and User TableJoao Prado Maia16 Jan