List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Zubel Date:September 28 2004 2:08pm
Subject:Odd ?bug? with DBNull Values
View as plain text
A quick question to see if this has been noticed before.

I'm populating a datatable direct from a MySql database via the 1.0.0
mySql connector.

Code is similar to the following:

-- BEGIN CODE BLOCK --
dim sSql as string = "SELECT JOB_NO, ORDVAL, REQD FROM S_MASTER"

dim conn as new MySqlConnection(mainApp.mysql.connectionstring)
conn.open
dim comm as new MySqlCommand(sSql, conn)
dim rs as new MySqlDataAdapter(comm)
dim dt as new Datatable

rs.fill(dt)

grdData.Datasource = dt
-- END CODE BLOCK--

grdData is a DataGrid, and displays the results perfectly... in most cases.

The case that I've come across is when you hit a DBNull value in one of
the fields in the DataTable.  I initially noticed that all the remaining
fields in that column in the DataGrid were also null.  Upon inspection
of the DataTable object itself, it appears that the fields in the table
are also null.  When running the exact same parameter directly through
PhpMyAdmin, results are displayed for those fields in the rows that are
affected.

Is this an issue with the connector?  I've highly-simplified the code in
this email, but I'm about to go set up a clean-room test case and see if
it still happens.

Anyway - still looking forward to the next beta release, Reggie! ;)

B.
Thread
Odd ?bug? with DBNull ValuesBarry Zubel28 Sep
  • Re: Odd ?bug? with DBNull ValuesReggie Burnett14 Oct