List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:November 21 2005 1:59pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.7 is released
View as plain text
Hi,

MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.7, a new version of the fully-managed, ADO.Net
provider for the MySQL database system has been released.  This release is
the latest production release of the 1.0 series and is suitable for use with
any MySQL version including MySQL 4.1 or 5.0.

It is now available in source and binary form from the Connector/Net
download pages at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/1.0.html and
mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point
in time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again
later or choose another download site.)

Now that .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005 have RTM'ed, we are now including
.NET 2.0 binaries in our distribution.  Users should be aware, however, that
these .NET 2.0 binaries do not follow the ADO.Net 2.0 specification.  They
are simply .NET 2.0 compiles of the existing 1.x codebase.  We are actively
working on our next major Connector/Net version which will have full support
for all ADO.Net 2.0 features.

Known Issues
------------
1.  Packets larger than 16 megabytes still do not function correctly over
compressed connections.  We are still looking at this issue.

Thanks
-Reggie

ChangeLog
11-17-05 - Version 1.0.7

    Bugs fixed or addressed
    -------------------------
      Bug #13658 connection.state does not update on Ping() [ fixed ]
	Bug #13590 ExecuteScalar returns only Int64 regardless of actual SQL

			type [added test case]
	Bug #13662 Prepare() truncates accented character input [already

			fixed, added test]
	Bug #11947 MySQLCommandBuilder mishandling CONCAT() aliased column
			[updated test case]
	Bug #13541 Prepare breaks if a parameter is used more than once

			[fixed]
	Bug #13632 the MySQLCommandBuilder.deriveparameters has not been

			updated for MySQL 5
	Bug #13753 Exception calling stored procedure with special
characters
			in parameters
	Bug #11386 Numeric parameters with Precision and Scale not taken
into
			account by Connector [added test case]
	Bug #6902  Errors in parsing stored procedure parameters [fixed

			before, refixed]
	Bug #13927 Multiple Records to same Table in Transaction Problem

			[fixed]
	Bug #14631 "#42000Query was empty" [fixed]
	Bug #13806 Does not support Code Page 932

	Other changes
	Failure to provide parameters for out and inout values is now
detected
      Changed pooling code to remove issue of skipping Ping() on bogus
		connections

Thread
MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.7 is releasedReggie Burnett21 Nov
  • Re: MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.7 is releasedarda22 Nov