List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brandon Schenz Date:October 7 2005 7:21pm
Subject:Re: Problem connecting to mysql
View as plain text
I'm going to assume you are using .NET 1.1 on this.  When you unzipped
the mysql-connector-net package you must either install the
MySQL.Data.dll to the GAC, or copy it to the bin folder under the
directory you are working on in your web application.  These
requirements are not specific to this connector, but rather for the
entire .NET Platform.

Please let us know if you have any other problems in this matter.

Brandon Schenz
www.schenzcustomdesigns.com

Anthony Liu wrote:

>Hi, I was not able to install the MySQL.Data.msi
>connector for .net.  I got a 2908 error message.  Then
>I downloaded the no-installer version with file name
>"mysql-connector-net-1.0.6-noinstall.zip" and unzipped
>to my hard drive.
>
>In my aspx page, I have this:
>
><%@ Import Namespace = "MySql.Data.MySqlClient" %>
><script language="VB" runat="server">
>
>Sub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
>
>    Dim myConnection  As MySqlConnection
>    Dim myDataAdapter As MySqlDataAdapter
>    Dim myDataSet     As DataSet
>
>    Dim strSQL        As String
>    Dim iRecordCount  As Integer
>
>    myConnection = New
>MySqlConnection("Database=test;Data
>Source=1.2.3.4;User Id=myself;Password=mypassword"
>
>    strSQL = "SELECT * FROM testtable;"
>
>    myDataAdapter = New MySqlDataAdapter(strSQL,
>myConnection)
>    myDataSet = New Dataset()
>    myDataAdapter.Fill(myDataSet, "testtable")
>
>    MySQLDataGrid.DataSource = myDataSet
>    MySQLDataGrid.DataBind()
>
>End Sub
>
>I get the following error message:
>
>BC30002: Type 'MySqlConnection' is not defined.
>
>Apparently, somehow, I have to register the .net
>connector with web server.  The documentation never
>tells us how to do it.  In other words, the .net
>connector package was unzipped to
>C:\mysql_net_connector, but how does my web
>application know where it is?
>
>I tried the 3.51 ODBC driver, too, but got the same
>error message.
>
>I keep searching google and mysql mailing list, but
>could not find very helpful information.  I am at my
>wits end.  Could anyone give me a hint?

>http://mail.yahoo.com

Thread
Problem connecting to mysqlAnthony Liu7 Oct
  • Re: Problem connecting to mysqlBrandon Schenz7 Oct
    • RE: Problem connecting to mysqlReggie Burnett10 Oct