List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:September 27 2005 8:44pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.6 is released.
View as plain text
Hi,

MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.6, a new version of the fully-managed, ADO.Net
provider for the MySQL database system has been released.  This release is
the latest production release of the 1.0 series and is suitable for use with
any MySQL version including MySQL 4.1 or 5.0.

It is now available in source and binary form from the Connector/Net
download pages at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/1.0.html and
mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point
in time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again
later or choose another download site.)

This release corrects a major problem that caused version 1.0.5 to not
function with Mono.  While this release has been tested with Mono, our test
suite doesn't complete successfully on Mono.  We have not yet identified the
problem but it seems to be an issue in the Mono runtime since the test suite
completes successfully on .NET 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0.  We are continuing to
examine this issue and expect to have a resolution for 1.0.7.

This release also includes a substantial change in previous functionality.
In prior versions, connections pulled from a connection pool were "pinged"
to make sure the server was still listening.  These connections were also
"reset" so that any temporary tables or user variables were cleaned out and
pending transactions rolled back.  This had the effect of giving you a clean
slate for that connection.  These operations are important but do take time.
With this release, we have added two new connection string options.  cache
server configuration=yes will prevent a connection from updating server
status variables when it comes out of the pool.  Reset pooled connections=no
will prevent the connection from being reset when it comes out of the pool.
This will also prevent the "ping" from being sent to the server.  The effect
of this is that turning on server config caching and turning off connection
reset will cause connection opens from the pool to be _very_ fast but the
pool may give you a dead connection.  As always, it is important for your
code to be prepared to handle any exceptions that may arise from the use of
this connection.  Please see the documentation for these options along with
synonyms.

Known Issues
------------
1.  Packets larger than 16 megabytes still do not function correctly over
compressed connections.  We are still looking at this issue.

2.  The problems with shared memory connections in the server have been
corrected and we hope to resume testing of these connections with 1.0.7.

ChangeLog
---------

9-27-05 - Version 1.0.6

    Bugs fixed or addressed
    -------------------------
    Bug #13036  Returns error when field names contain any of the following
chars %<>()/ etc [fixed]
    Bug #12835  1.0.5 won't install on system with 1.0.4 installed [fixed]
    Bug #12978  Fatal Error C# Compilation [fixed]
    Bug #13276  Exception on serialize after inserting null value [fixed]
    Bug #13345  Connecting from mono 1.1.8 to MySQL 5.0 using MySQL
Connector/Net 1.0.5

    Other changes
    -------------------------
    Changed SocketStream and StreamCreator to be compatible with Mono
    Added options to not reset and reconfigure connections pulled from the
pool
    Connections pulled from the pool that are not reset are also not pinged

--
Reggie Burnett, Software Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.6 is released.Reggie Burnett27 Sep
  • Re: MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.6 is released.Jorge Bastos28 Sep
RE: MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.6 is released.Kevin Turner3 Oct