List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Asbjørn Konstad Date:September 24 2004 8:05am
Subject:Return parameter from query.
View as plain text
Hi.

Anyone as frustrated as me???

Problem:

I have a created a command to return maximum id from myTable.., like this:

-----

MySqlCommand cmd = new MySqlCommand(“SELECT @PAR := MAX(ID) FROM myTable”,
myConnection);

MySqlParameter param = new MySqlParameter();

param = cmd.Parameters.Add(“@PAR”, MySqlDbType.Int32, 4);

param.Direction = ParameterDirection.Output;

myConnection.Open();

  cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();

  int max_id = (int)cmd.Parameters[“@PAR”].Value;

myConnection.Close();

----

This gives me an error -> “error in SQL-Syntax”.

I read the issue with use of “?” instead of “@”, and I’ve tried it all……!,
it keeps throwing exeptions like “null values”

“Object reference not set to an instance of an object”… and so on.

Anyone have a fail-proof method of creating a command with
return-parameters??

Thanks.

Reg.

Asbjørn Konstad

---

Return parameter from query.Asbjørn Konstad24 Sep
  • Re: Return parameter from query.Fredrick Bartlett26 Sep
  • RE: Return parameter from query.Reggie Burnett26 Sep
    • Better way to get all columns in the DataReaderGuy Platt6 Oct
      • RE: Better way to get all columns in the DataReaderJordan Sparks6 Oct
        • Re: Better way to get all columns in the DataReaderGuy Platt6 Oct
          • RE: Better way to get all columns in the DataReaderJordan Sparks6 Oct
          • Re: Better way to get all columns in the DataReaderBarry Zubel6 Oct
    • Re: Better way to get all columns in the DataReaderFredrick Bartlett6 Oct