List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Zubel Date:February 2 2005 8:37am
Subject:Re: mysql driver speed
View as plain text
I noticed speed degradation when I moved to 4.1.9 on the server side - all
that character set/collation stuff seemed to slow the performance down somewhat.

For the moment, our production servers are still on 4.0.2x, so they run
blazingly fast, while I'm looking at the performance on our development bed to
see if I can tweak it somewhat.

Specifying default character sets in the connection string did seem to speed
up the queries somewhat, although I'd love to see Reggie be able to remove the
dependence on 'show variables' and 'show collations' on every
connection.Open() - that seems to be some of the slowdown as this information
has to get shoved around the network every time to .Open a connection.

B.

Frank wrote:
>  From my experiments the .net connector is about 10 times faster than
> odbc, I can retrieve more than 5000 records in less than 2 secs, while
> with odbc it took near to ten seconds, absolutely not acceptable for
> that application.
>
> Frank
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lance Johnson" <ljohnson@stripped>

Thread
mysql driver speedLance Johnson1 Feb
  • RE: mysql driver speedJordan Sparks1 Feb
  • Re: mysql driver speedFrank1 Feb
    • Re: mysql driver speedBarry Zubel2 Feb
RE: mysql driver speedBob Dankert1 Feb
RE: mysql driver speedLance Johnson1 Feb
  • Re: mysql driver speedJorge Bastos1 Feb
Re: mysql driver speedJorge Bastos1 Feb