List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Zubel Date:October 21 2004 4:06pm
Subject:Re: Stability for 4.0
View as plain text
I'd recommend 1.0.0_beta1, incorporating the 'Null Column Dataset' bugfix.

We're actually using it in a 20 person multi-user enviroment currently,
and apart from the speed (which still isn't shabby, but could be
improved to 0.76 speeds) it works very well.

There isn't a 'build' available currently that includes the bugfix, and
actually compiles, but its merely a case of downloading the 1.0.0_beta1
source and adding a single line into a single file.

If you want details of the patch, give me a shout.

B.

Jordan Sparks wrote:
> I have a MySQL-based program that hundreds of customers depend on to run
> perfectly every day.  But for the last two months, none of them have
> been able to backup their databases because SHOW CREATE TABLE does not
> work.  I'm really stuck here, and I'm becoming very concerned that my
> customers will suffer from lost data and not have a backup.  I can't use
> Connector version 0.76 because of that bug, but I also don't know if I
> should jump right in to version 1.0 because it seems like many other
> bugs were introduced.  I need a stable version and I need it now.  I'm
> not complaining, but I just wanted you to know how strongly I feel about
> this.  I think it should be much higher priority to support version 4.0
> rather than trying to add all these extra features for 4.1 or 5.0.  You
> can't ever ever let the quality of the connector slip on the current
> version.
>
> So... is it safe to use 1.0, and can you guarantee that it will be as
> rock solid as 0.76?  Or should I beg you to fix 0.76 instead?
>
> Jordan Sparks

Thread
Hung datareaderTHOULON Pierre-Yves18 Oct
  • Re: Hung datareaderReggie Burnett20 Oct
RE: Hung datareaderTHOULON Pierre-Yves21 Oct
  • Stability for 4.0Jordan Sparks21 Oct
    • Re: Stability for 4.0Barry Zubel21 Oct
      • Re: Stability for 4.0Reggie Burnett21 Oct
        • Re: Stability for 4.0Barry Zubel22 Oct
Re: Stability for 4.0Barry Zubel21 Oct