List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:January 13 2005 10:13pm
Subject:RE: How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?
View as plain text
Shawn

> Reggie,
>
> I know you are not angry but I need to apologize anyway. I honestly meant
> no disrespect. In retrospect, I should not have named a particular .NET
> library when creating my comparisons. I was trying to cover the topic in
> general and should have been less specific.
>
> I knew when I wrote it that you present the ADO.NET model so I was wrong
> to say that you didn't adhere to any interface specification. My sincerest
> apologies. I was also unaware that you connected directly to the MySQL
> server (I need to read through the source code again, don't I?). So again,
> I apologize for naming your library as one of several wrappers for
> libmysql.dll.

Relax :-)

I wasn't remotely close to being offended.  I read your email as informative
and I was just trying to correct a couple of points for further readers.  No
need to apologize at all.  I was not offended.

-reggie

Thread
How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?Ahmet Erispaha12 Jan
  • Re: How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?Jorge Bastos12 Jan
  • Re: How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?Jorge Bastos12 Jan
    • Re: How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?SGreen12 Jan
      • Re: How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?Jorge Bastos12 Jan
      • Re: How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?Ahmet Erispaha12 Jan
        • RE: How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?Reggie Burnett13 Jan
      • RE: How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?Reggie Burnett13 Jan
        • RE: How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?SGreen13 Jan
          • RE: How do you create a DSN using ByteFX?Reggie Burnett13 Jan