List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Zubel Date:January 13 2005 1:51pm
Subject:Re: Using the UKP sign in mediumtext columns
View as plain text
Ah, you got me onto something there!

It appears that the collation_connection was utf8_general_ci, but all other
collation variables (global and session) were latin_swedish_ci

character set(s) were a mixture of utf8 and latin.  bah!!

I've forced the character set and collation in the /etc/my.cnf file to utf8
(_general_ci) and its working fine now.

thanks for the pointer :D

B.