List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Zubel Date:January 10 2005 12:16pm
Subject:Using the UKP sign in mediumtext columns
View as plain text
An odd one, and perhaps due to my configuration so I'll list what I have here:

Mysql 4.1.8 running UTF8_GENERAL_CI collation
a Table with UTF8_GENERAL_CI collation
a MEDIUMTEXT field within the table with UTF8_GENERAL_CI collation

Connector/Net 1.0.3

My problem:

Trying to insert a record into the MEDIUMTEXT field in the database that
contains a £ sign (thats a UKP sign to those of you whose character sets wont
display it) truncates the field at the character before the £ sign.

Now, its highly likely that I've done something wrong with the configuration
of the MySQL server (I upgraded through 4.0.18 to 4.1.8 and ran all the
appropriate upgrade scripts, afaik) with regards to the collation.

Anyhows - anyone else seen this, or able to reproduce it?

Ta muchly.

B.
Thread
Using the UKP sign in mediumtext columnsBarry Zubel11 Jan
  • RE: Using the UKP sign in mediumtext columnsReggie Burnett13 Jan
    • Re: Using the UKP sign in mediumtext columnsBarry Zubel13 Jan
      • Re: Using the UKP sign in mediumtext columnsReggie Burnett13 Jan