List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:December 20 2004 9:11pm
Subject:RE: VACHAR and performance
View as plain text
Patrick

First let me say that this is the wrong newsgroup for generic server-related
performance issues.

That being said, however, I don't think you'll see any degradation of
performance.  Of course, it would depend on how many rows we are talking
about.  With a small number of rows, you certainly aren't going to see any
issue.  With millions of rows, there may be some difference between the two.
Certainly, any row index is faster with a well-crafted index on it.

-reggie