I'll second Barry's comment, the connector seems to be working very well.
We're running 4.1.7 on a Windows 2000 server and a hosted Linux site
(Fedora core 3 ?) and the only problem we encountered was with a date
comparison in a select statement where the date was not enclosed in quotes.
MySqlDataAdapter myAd= new MySqlDataAdapter( " Select * from
table where date > 2003-01-01 ", myConn);
int fillCount = myAd.Fill(dsAdmin, "ppmr_members" );
the program either crashed on the FIll statement that the connection was
either invalid or not open, or the program hung and never continued past
the Fill. When I changed the Select string to " Select * from table
where date > *'2003-01-01' " *it works perfectly.
Don't know whether this is a bug or just bad coding :)
Barry Zubel said the following wise words on 2004-12-20 10:34:
> Well, from the looks of things, the latest version of the connector is
> now very stable in my environment.
> I've pulled the most recent BK build and have been testing it over the
> last week, and have so-far yet to turn up any problems with it.
> I'm using 4.1.7 on the server side (on RHEL3.0) and XP/98 on the
> client side, and the connector is appearing to function perfectly!
> The most recent changes to returning DateTime for those fields is
> working flawlessly (I do not allow "out of bounds" dates in my
> application), and speed does seem to be fast enough for my use.
> So, Well done Reggie for bringing this wonderful product to the
> community. I'd like to see the community make that extra effort to
> raise any problems with the connector over the next few days so that
> we can get a certified GA release out of the door.
> Merry Christmas everyone!