MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.3, a new version of the fully-managed, ADO.Net
provider for the popular MySQL database system has been released.
Version 1.0.3 is the second gamma release of the original ByteFX MySQL
provider acquired earlier this year. This release is suitable for use with
any MySQL version including MySQL-4.1 or MySQL-5.0.
It is now available in source and binary form from the Connector/Net
download pages at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/1.0.html
and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this
point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try
again later or choose another download site.)
This second gamma release was made to get feedback from the community on bug
fixes and changes regarding handling of zero date time values. We plan to
have the known issues resolved for the GA release.
========================= Known Issues ==================================
There is no need to file bug reports on these issues. They are known and
are being worked on. Thanks.
1. There is a known problem where data packets larger than 16M are not
handled properly when the connection is using compression. There is no need
to file bug reports on this issue as the test suite already identifies this
as a problem.
2. There is also a known problem with certain queries executing over a
named pipe connection.
- From the changelog:
12-10-04 - Version 1.0.3-gamma
- Made MySQL the default named pipe name
- Now SHOW COLLATION is used upon connection to retrieve the full
list of charset ids
- Fixed Invalid character set index: 200 (Bug #6547)
- Installer now includes options to install into GAC and create
Start Menu items
- Bug #6863 - Int64 Support in MySqlCommand Parameters [fixed]
- Connections now do not have to give a database on the connection
- Bug #6770 - MySqlDataReader.GetChar(int i) throws IndexOutOfRange
- Fixed problem where multiple resultsets having different numbers
of columns would cause a problem
- Bug #6983 Exception stack trace lost when re-throwing exceptions
- Fixed major problem with detecting null values when using prepared
- Bug #6902 Errors in parsing stored procedure parameters [fixed]
- Bug #6668 Integer "out" parameter from stored procedure returned
as string [fixed]
- Bug #7032 MySqlDateTime in Datatables sorting by Text, not Date.
- Bug #7133 Invalid query string when using inout parameters [fixed]
- Bug #6831 Test suite fails with MySQL 4.0 because of case
sensitivity of table names [fixed]
- Bug #7132 Inserting DateTime causes
System.InvalidCastException to be thrown [fixed]
- Bug #6879 InvalidCast when using DATE_ADD-function [fixed]
- Bug #6634 An Open Connection has been Closed by the Host
- Added ServerThread property to MySqlConnection to expose server
- Added Ping method to MySqlConnection
- Changed the name of the test suite to MySql.Data.Tests.dll
Reggie Burnett, Software Developer
MySQL Inc, http://www.mysql.com
|• Connector/Net 1.0.3 gamma is released||Reggie Burnett||13 Dec|