List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:December 10 2004 4:16pm
Subject:RE: Totally off topic -- Using Bitkeeper with SV
View as plain text
> I know that this is totally off topic, but I wondered whether Reggie
> would mind telling how well Bitkeeper works with his visual studio
> projects. Anyone else is free to jump in here as well.

Guy

I don't actually use BitKeeper integration inside VS.  When I first started
using BitKeeper, I wasn't knocked out with it.  However, it's really started
to grow on me.  It's *VERY* powerful when dealing with branching and
merging.  We push and pull code merges from repository to repository with
little difficulty.  This is something that always made me shudder with
Visual SourceSafe.  I don't like the licensing but I can see now why Linus
is using it for the kernel.

I always used CVS in my home office for my personal projects but recently
upgraded to Fedora Core 3 and moved everything over to Subversion.  SVN was
very easy to setup and so far I've been very happy with it.  There is also a
vs.net addin for it.

-reggie

Thread
MySqlDateTime in Datatables sorting by Text, not Date.Barry Zubel6 Dec
  • RE: MySqlDateTime in Datatables sorting by Text, not Date.Reggie Burnett10 Dec
    • RE: MySqlDateTime in Datatables sorting by Text, not Date.Barry Zubel10 Dec
      • Totally off topic -- Using Bitkeeper with SVGuy Platt10 Dec
        • RE: Totally off topic -- Using Bitkeeper with SVReggie Burnett10 Dec
      • RE: MySqlDateTime in Datatables sorting by Text, not Date.Reggie Burnett10 Dec