List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:October 11 2004 5:37pm
Subject:Re: Mysql
View as plain text
There may be an easier way, but in the future, we are hoping to have a
federated storage engine.  Using this, you would be able to "view"
tables on a remote database as if they are on a local database.  With
this in place, you could do a simple insert .. select ...

-reggie

Jorge Bastos wrote:

>Well, i was thinking and .. i can do it with, connection to the first
>server, and pass the select output to an ascii file with outfile, and in the
>2nd server load the values with the load data statment, like this:
>
>SELECT * INTO OUTFILE 'data.txt' FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' FROM table2;
>
>LOAD DATA INFILE 'data.txt' INTO TABLE table2 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',';
>

>Tks anyway all :)
>Jorge

Thread
MysqlJorge Bastos - Decimal7 Oct