List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jure Špik Date:November 25 2004 4:44pm
Subject:Re: Different results received using MyODBC vs. .NET Connector
View as plain text
Solved. The unknown encoding was "windows 1250" encoding, so now I can
convert data with

Encoding.UTF8.GetString(
(Encoding.GetEncoding("windows-1250")).GetBytes(src) );

sucessfully.

The problem seems to lie with the fact that the Connector is returning
iso-8859-1 data, while odbc returns windows-1250 data.

Don't know if this is a bug really, maybe just my non-understanding of
ODBC.

Thanks for reading, Jure
Thread
Different results received using MyODBC vs. .NET ConnectorJure Špik25 Nov
  • Re: Different results received using MyODBC vs. .NET ConnectorJure Špik25 Nov