MySQL Connector/Net 6.5.5, a new maintenance release of our 6.5 series,
has been released. This release is GA quality and is appropriate for
use in production environments. Please note that 6.6 is our latest
driver series and is the recommended product for development. It is now
available in source and binary form from
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/#downloads and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point-if you
can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose
another download site.)
The 6.5.5 version of MySQL Connector/Net brings the following fixes:
- Fix for ArgumentNull exception when using Take().Count() in a LINQ to
Entities query (bug MySql #64749, Oracle bug #13913047).
- Fix for type varchar changed to bit when saving in Table Designer
(Oracle bug #13916560).
- Fix for error when trying to change the name of an Index on the
Indexes/Keys editor; along with this fix now users can change the Index
type of a new Index which could not be done
in previous versions, and when changing the Index name the change is
reflected on the list view at the left side of the Index/Keys editor
(Oracle bug #13613801).
- Fix for stored procedure call using only its name with EF code first
(MySql bug #64999, Oracle bug #14008699).
- Fix for List.Contains generates a bunch of ORs instead of more
efficient IN clause in
LINQ to Entities (Oracle bug #14016344, MySql bug #64934).
- Fix for performance issue in generated EF query: .NET
StartsWith/Contains/EndsWith produces MySql's locate instead of Like
(MySql bug #64935, Oracle bug #14009363).
- Fix for script generated for code first contains wrong alter table and
wrong declaration for byte (MySql bug #64216, Oracle bug #13900091).
- Fix and code contribution for bug Timed out sessions are removed
without notification which allow to enable the Expired CallBack when
Session Provider times out any session (bug MySql #62266 Oracle bug #
- Fix for Exception thrown when using cascade delete in an EDM
Model-First in Entity Framework (Oracle bug #14008752, MySql bug #64779).
- Fix for Session locking issue with MySqlSessionStateStore (MySql bug
#63997, Oracble bug #13733054).
- Fixed deleting a user profile using Profile provider (MySQL bug
#64470, Oracle bug #13790123)
- Fix for bug Cannot Create an Entity with a Key of Type String (MySQL
bug #65289, Oracle bug #14540202). This fix checks if the type has a
FixedLength facet set in order to create a char otherwise should create
varchar, mediumtext or longtext types when using a String CLR type in
Code First or Model First also tested in Database First. Unit tests
added for Code First and ProviderManifest.
- Fix for bug "CacheServerProperties can cause 'Packet too large'
error". The issue was due to a missing reading of Max_allowed_packet
server property when CacheServerProperties is in true, since the value
was read only in the first connection but the following pooled
connections had a wrong value causing a Packet too large error.
Including also a unit test for this scenario. All unit test passed.
MySQL Bug #66578 Orabug #14593547.
- Fix for handling unnamed parameter in MySQLCommand. This fix allows
the mysqlcommand to handle parameters without requiring naming (e.g.
INSERT INTO Test (id,name) VALUES (?, ?) ) (MySQL Bug #66060, Oracle bug
- Fixed inheritance on Entity Framework Code First scenarios.
Discriminator column is created using its correct type as varchar(128)
(MySql bug #63920 and Oracle bug #13582335).
- Fixed "Trying to customize column precision in Code First does not
work" (MySql bug #65001, Oracle bug #14469048).
- Fixed bug ASP.NET Membership database fails on MySql database UTF32
(MySQL bug #65144, Oracle bug #14495292).
- Fix for MySqlCommand.LastInsertedId holding only 32 bit values (MySql
bug #65452, Oracle bug #14171960) by changing
several internal declaration of lastinsertid from int to long.
- Fixed "Decimal type should have digits at right of decimal point", now
default is 2, but user's changes in
EDM designer are recognized (MySql bug #65127, Oracle bug #14474342).
- Fix for NullReferenceException when saving an uninitialized row in
Entity Framework (MySql bug #66066, Oracle bug #14479715).
- Fix for error when calling RoleProvider.RemoveUserFromRole(): causes
an exception due to a wrong table being used (MySql bug #65805, Oracle
- Fix for "Memory Leak on MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand", too many
MemoryStream's instances created (MySql bug #65696, Oracle bug #14468204).
- Added ANTLR attribution notice (Oracle bug #14379162).
- Fixed Entity Framework + mysql connector/net in partial trust throws
exceptions (MySql bug #65036, Oracle bug #14668820).
- Added support in Parser for Datetime and Time types with precision
when using Server 5.6 (No bug Number).
- Small improvement on MySqlPoolManager CleanIdleConnections for better
mysqlpoolmanager idlecleanuptimer at startup (MySql bug #66472 and
Oracle bug #14652624).
- Fix for bug TIMESTAMP values are mistakenly represented as DateTime
with Kind = Local (Mysql bug #66964, Oracle bug #14740705).
- Fix for bug Keyword not supported. Parameter name: AttachDbFilename
(Mysql bug #66880, Oracle bug #14733472).
- Added support to MySql script file to retrieve data when using "SHOW"
- Fix for Package Load Failure in Visual Studio 2005 (MySql bug #63073,
Oracle bug #13491674).
- Fix for bug "Unable to connect using IPv6 connections" (MySQL bug
#67253, Oracle bug #14835718).
- Added auto-generated values for Guid identity columns (MySql bug
#67450, Oracle bug #15834176).
- Fix for method FirstOrDefault not supported in some LINQ to Entities
queries (MySql bug #67377, Oracle bug #15856964).
The release is available to download at
You can view current Connector/Net documentation
You can find our team blog at http://blogs.oracle.com/MySQLOnWindows.
You can also post questions on our forums at http://forums.mysql.com/.
Enjoy and thanks for the support!
|• MySQL Connector/Net 6.5.5 Maintenance Release has been released||Fernando Gonzalez||3 Dec|