List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:March 8 2012 2:11pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/Net 6.5.4 GA has been released
View as plain text
MySQL Connector/Net 6.5.4 has gone GA!  This is the first
production-ready version of our new 6.5 connector and we are very
excited about it.  Connector/Net is an all-managed .NET driver for MySQL
and is the best solution for your MySQL and .NET data access needs.

Version 6.5.4 includes full support for MySQL server versions 5.0-5.6
and includes some exciting new features such as:

  * Much improved partial trust support.  Hosting providers can now
    configure their trust policies exactly the way they are configured
    for SQL Server and your application can run without trouble in
    partial/medium trust.
  * Auto-completion support in the Visual Studio editor.  We have
    integrated a brand new parser into our Visual Studio work and we are
    jut getting started showing it's benefits. Open up a VS editor start
    typing your SQL and you'll see what i mean.
  * Command injection support!  Need to override some command that is
    being run from deep within your application but don't want to
    recompile?  Need to force a certain value to be returned in a
    situation for testing?  Command injection is here to help.
  * Exception interception support!  This can help when your app is
    throwing some exception and you want to trap it. You can trap these
    errors and recover from them or log them in some other way.  The
    choice is yours!

We are very excited about this release and look forward to your feedback!

It is now available in source and binary form from
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.5.html#downloads and
mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this
point-if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again
later or choose another download site.)

The release is also available for download on My Oracle Support (MOS).
http://support.oracle.com

Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Thread
MySQL Connector/Net 6.5.4 GA has been releasedReggie Burnett8 Mar