List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:June 30 2011 4:53pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/Net 6.4.2 RC has been released
View as plain text
Hi,

MySQL Connector/Net 6.4.2, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver
for MySQL has been released.  This is a Release Candidate and is
intended for testing and exposure to new features.  We strongly urge you
to not use this release in a production environment.

Version 6.4.2 is intended for use with versions of MySQL from 5.0 - 5.5

It is now available in source and binary form from
[http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.4.html] and mirror
sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of
time
- if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later
or choose another download site.)

** New features found in 6.4 include (please see release notes for more
information) **

* Windows Authentication*
This release includes our new support for Windows authentication when
connecting to MySQL Server 5.5.

* Table Caching *
We are also introducing a new feature called table caching.  This
feature makes it possible to cache the rows of slow changing tables on
the client side.

* Simple connection fail-over support *

We are also including some SQL generation improvements related to our
entity framework provider.   Please review the change log that ships
with the product for a complete list of changes and enhancements.

Enjoy and thanks for the support!
Reggie

Thread
MySQL Connector/Net 6.4.2 RC has been releasedReggie Burnett2 Jul