List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arjan Hulshoff Date:October 13 2008 10:04pm
Subject:Re: Type MySqlClient.MySqlConnection is not defined
View as plain text
Add it to your reference list in your project.
If you like to call the classes directly, then add a using statement
like 'using MySql.Data.MySqlClient;'.
After that you can use classes like MySqlConnection() and
MySqlCommand(). It is pretty much like using SQL Server or any
other .NET Data Provider. And using references is described in many
books and tutorials on the internet. When you create a setup &
deployment project the required assembly is usually added automatically
as dependency.

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 14:15 -0300, Stefan Hengst wrote:

> I've installed the Connecter/Net 5.1.7, but don't quite know what else I
> have to do; do I need to copy a dll into bin? Do I need to put something
> into web.config?  I can't find instructions for this.
>

> (.NET 2.0, VS 2005, XP SP3)
>

> Thanks

Thread
Type MySqlClient.MySqlConnection is not definedStefan Hengst13 Oct
  • Re: Type MySqlClient.MySqlConnection is not definedArjan Hulshoff14 Oct