List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Zubel Date:September 8 2008 9:23am
Subject:Calculated fields
View as plain text
I'm having trouble getting the Mysql Data connector to elicit the
correct type on calculated fields.

For example, I have an SQL statement that returns a DATEDIFF on two
columns.  Logically, the return type is a SIGNED INT (and I cast it as
such in the SQL statement)

However, the Connector insists on returning the column as a STRING
datatype, which then means that integrated sorting in a DataGrid sorts
semantically, and not numerically.

Any idea how I can coerce a particular datatype with the connector?

B.
Thread
Calculated fieldsBarry Zubel8 Sep
  • Re: Calculated fieldsBarry Zubel8 Sep