MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.3 a new version of the all-managed .NET driver
for MySQL has been released.
************* IMPORTANT ********************
Connector/Net 5.1 represents a change in how we package our products.
Until now, we've shipped our core provider and the Visual Studio
integration bits as separate downloads. This has become a bit of a
problem. Often we would fix a bug that involved changing code both in
the VS package and in the core provider. This provided a versioning
problem where users would need to upgrade both products to see the
benefit of the bug fix. To solve this, we've decided to discontinue
Tools for Visual Studio as a separate product and have, instead,
integrated it into a new Connector/Net installer. We hope this provides
a better "out of box" experience for our users.
All previous versions of Tools for Visual Studio should be uninstalled
prior to installing this product.
Version 5.1.3 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1,
MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Falcon "Preview". Please be
aware that this version is beta quality software and should not be used
in production environments.
It is now available in source and binary form from
[http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.1.html] and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time
- if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later
or choose another download site.)
== Issues fixed ==
* Fixed problem with using a stored procedure that takes a parameter as
a select routine for a TableAdapter wizard. (Bug #29098)
* Fixed problem with creating users using hashed passwords when
machineKey is set to AutoGenerate. We now correctly throw an exception
if you are requesting encrypted passwords but it works ok for hashed
passwords. (Bug #29235)
* Fixed problem with selecting users for roles in the web admin tool.
The problem was that we had a simple syntax error in our database lookup
code. (Bug #29236)
* Added AutoEnlist connection string option. Setting it to false will
prevent the connectionfrom automatically enlisting in any current
* Changed membership schema to allow null values for email. This allows
all the overrides for Membership.CreateUser to work. * Added 'Respect
Binary Flags' connection string option to allow existing applications to
select the old behavior of not always respecting the binary flags of a
* Added ability to use blobs to store true UTF-8 data (see help)
* Help is now integrated into Visual Studio 2005 and includes content
other than the API
* Fixed problem reported by user where MySqlMembershipProvider.GetUser
was attempting to reuse the connection to update a table while a reader
was open on it. * Fixed problem with membership schema where the
password key column was not large enough
* Added feature where bit columns that have the value 0 or 1 are
returned as bool
* Added Foreign Key Columns metadata collection
* Reworked how foreign key metadata is collected to make it more robust
* Changed DDEX provider to use the core providers schema routines for
foreign keys and foreign key columns
* Fixed index and foreign key enumerators inside the DDEX provider to
work with the new binary respect behavior of 5.1
* Added code to implement better TransactionScope support. This code is
brand new and will be heavily refactored in 5.2. (bug #28709)
* Fixed problem where connecting to pre-4.1 servers would result in a
crash. This was caused by the Field object referring to metadata columns
that are not populated on pre-4.1 servers. (bug #29476)
* Commandbuilder now defaults ReturnGeneratedIdentifiers to true. This
means that autogenerated columns will be returned in the default case.
* Exceptions generated during BeginExecuteReader and
BeginExecuteNonQuery will now be thrown once the End versions of those
methods are called.
== Changes integrated from 5.0.8 ==
* Log messages are no longer truncated at 300 characters (bug #28706)
* Fixed a problem with compression over a network. We were letting the
inflate stream read directly from the network stream. Under certain
situations, two bytes were being left unread and this messed up our byte
counts. Now we are using a WeakReference to an internal buffer
that we read the compressed data into before inflating. (Bug #28204)
* Fixed problem where we were not closing prepared statement handles
when commands are disposed.
* Fixed problem where any attempt to not read all the records returned
from a select where each row of the select is greater than 1024 bytes
would hang the driver.
* Fixed problem where usage advisor warnings for unnecessary field
conversions and not reading all rows of a resultset would output even if you
did not request usage advisor warnings. (Bug #29124)
* Changed behavior of ConnectionString property. It now only returns
the connection string given to it. It will not attempt to track changes
to the current database when the users uses the ChangeDatabase method.
* Fixed problem with calling stored procedures in databases that have
hyphens in their names. We were not using backticks to quote the
database and sproc name when querying for metadata. (Bug #29526)
* Fixed problem where a statement that has parameters that is executed
without defining those parameters would throw a System.FormatException
rather than a MySqlException (bug #29312) * Fixed problem where a
command timing out just after it actually finished would cause an
exception to be thrown on the command timeout thread which would then be
seen as an unhandled exception.
* Fixed bug where Connecor/Net was hand building some date time patterns
rather than using the patterns provided under CultureInfo. This caused
problems with some calendars that do not support the same ranges as
Gregorian. (Bug #29931)
* Fixed problem where MySqlConnection.BeginTransaction checked the
drivers status var before checking if the connection was open. The
result was that the driver could report an invalid condition on a
previously opened connection. * Fixed problem where an attempt to open
a connection max pool size times while the server is down will prevent
any further attempts due to the pool semaphore being full. (Bug
#29409) * Fixed some serious issues with command timeout and cancel
that could present as exceptions about thread ownership. The issue was
that not all queries cancel the same. Some produce resultsets while
others don't. ExecuteReader had to be changed to check for this.
* Fixed problem where date columns that appear in keys caused updates to
fail (bug #30077)
* Added code to suppress finalizers for low level socket objects and
then added a finalizer to the protocol object so pooled connections will
get closed on process exit * Fixed problem where attempting to
load a reader into a datatable using a table with a multi-column primary
key would result in multiple constraints being added to the datatable.
No test case added to the 1.0 tree as loading a datatable with a reader
is a .Net 2.0 thing. (Bug #30204)
* Fixed the database schema collection so that it works on servers that
are not properly respecting the lower_case_table_names setting.
Enjoy and thanks for the support!
|• MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.3 RC has been released!||Reggie Burnett||20 Sep|