List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:June 13 2007 6:39pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.2 Beta has been released.
View as plain text
Hi,

MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.2 a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for
MySQL has been released.

************* IMPORTANT ********************
Connector/Net 5.1 represents a change in how we package our products. Until
now, we've shipped our core provider and the Visual Studio integration bits
as separate downloads. This has become a bit of a problem. Often we would
fix a bug that involved changing code both in the VS package and in the core
provider. This provided a versioning problem where users would need to
upgrade both products to see the benefit of the bug fix. To solve this,
we've decided to discontinue Tools for Visual Studio as a separate product
and have, instead, integrated it into a new Connector/Net installer. We hope
this provides a better "out of box" experience for our users.

All previous versions of Tools for Visual Studio should be uninstalled prior
to installing this product.

Version 5.1.2 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1,
MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Falcon "Preview". Please be aware
that this version is beta quality software and should not be used in
production environments.

It is now available in source and binary form from
[http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/5.1.html] and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point of time - if
you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose
another download site.)

=== Issues fixed ===

- Fixed integration with the Website Administration Tool.  Before this fix,
the test link was visible but did not work and  user management did not
work.
- Reintroduced code to properly return field values as byte[] when the
binary flag is present. (See release notes)
- Fixed problem preventing the DataSet Designer or TableAdapter wizard from
being able to generate insert, update, and delete statements. (Bug #26347)
- Fixed problem preventing use of stored procedures for insert, update, and
delete statements in a table adapter.
- Fixed problem where text columns would not appear in the Visual Studio
query builder (Bug #28437)

==== Bugs fixed in 5.0.8 that are now appearing in 5.1.2 =====

- Log messages are no longer truncated to 300 characters (Bug #28706)
- Fixed a problem with compression over a network.  We were letting the
inflate stream read directly from the network stream.  Under certain
situations, two bytes were being left unread and this messed up our byte
counts.  Now we are using a WeakReference to an internal buffer that we read
the compressed data into before inflating. (Bug #28204)
- Fixed problem where we were not closing prepared statement handles when
commands are disposed.

=== Where to get information. ===

.NET forum: [forums.mysql.com]
.NET mailing list: [lists.mysql.com]
Reggie's blog: [www.bytefx.com]
Planet MySQL: [www.planetmysql.org]

As always we thank you for your use of our products and keep those bug
reports coming!

Reggie

Thread
MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.2 Beta has been released.Reggie Burnett18 Jun
  • Re: MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.2 Beta has been released.Sharique uddin Ahmed Farooqui22 Jun
    • Re: MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.2 Beta has been released.Reggie Burnett22 Jun
      • Re: MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.2 Beta has been released.Sharique uddin Ahmed Farooqui24 Jun