List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:May 23 2007 7:21pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.1 has been released
View as plain text
Hi,

MySQL Connector/Net 5.1.1 a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for
MySQL has been released.

************* IMPORTANT ********************
This is a big release and represents a change in how we package our
products. Until now, we've shipped our core provider and the Visual Studio
integration bits as separate downloads. This has become a bit of a problem.
Often we would fix a bug that involved changing code both in the VS package
and in the core provider. This provided a versioning problem where users
would need to upgrade both products to see the benefit of the bug fix. To
solve this, we've decided to discontinue Tools for Visual Studio as a
separate product and have, instead, integrated it into a new Connector/Net
installer. We hope this provides a better "out of box" experience for our
users.

All previous versions of Tools for Visual Studio should be uninstalled prior
to installing this product.

Version 5.1.1 works with all versions of MySQL including MySQL-4.1,
MySQL-5.0, MySQL-5.1 beta or the MySQL-6.0 Falcon "Preview". Please be aware
though that this version is alpha quality software and should not be used in
production environments.

It is now available in source and binary form from [dev.mysql.com] and
mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point
of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again
later or choose another download site.)

-------------
Bugs fixed:
-------------
- Fixed password property on MySqlConnectionStringBuilder to use
PasswordPropertyText
  attribute.  This causes dots to show instead of actual password text.

- Fixed problem with pooling on the compact framework.  It should work now.

- Install now calls VS setup only when VS integration is selected. (bug
#28260)

- MySqlRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser now works correctly (bug #28251)
  In 5.1.0, the code has a typo and was attempting to access the wrong
table.

- Installer now adds a default connection string to machine.config.
The installer for 5.1.0 installed components that reference a connection
string with a given name but it didn't actually create the connection
string.  It was discovered that this causes a problem when you have other
web projects (they don't have to use MySQL to experience problems).  This
version now includes a blank default connection string to solve these
issues.  Note that you will still need override this connection string to
use the providers in your projects.

- Changed installer to only give option to install Visual Studio integration
if Visual Studio 8 is installed

(Bugs fixed in 5.0.7 that are now appearing in 5.1.1)

- Bug #27765 Logging does not work
In previous versions, the binaries were not compiled with the TRACE constant
set.  This prevented trace output from being generated.

- Bug #27679 MySqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters ignores UNSIGNED flag

- Bug #27668 FillSchema and Stored Proc with an out parameter
This bug manifested itself when you attempted to call FillSchema on a stored
procedure that uses an output parameter.  The error that was received was
"Invalid attempt to access a field before calling Read()"

- Bug #28167 Poor performance building connection string (thanks Maxim!)

- Bug #26041 Connection Protocol Property Error in PropertyGrid Control
In prior builds, selecting different connection protocols would fail.

- Bug #26754 EnlistTransaction throws false MySqlExeption "Already enlisted"

- Bug #23342 Incorrect parsing of Datetime object for MySQL versions below
4.1