List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:November 3 2004 3:32pm
Subject:Speakers wanted
View as plain text
DotNetters:

I put out this call on some other lists but didn't get alot of
feedback.  I'm looking for a couple people who want the excellent
opportunity to speak at the MySQL Users Conference 2005.   If you feed
like you would be willing to learn everything there is to know about one
of the following three topics and give a 45 minute session on it, then
please email me directly.

The topics I am looking to cover are:

1.  Using Connector/Net from Mono

This session would focus more on the mono-specific issues of using
Connector/net.  Current bugs in Mono, workarounds necessary should be
covered.  Also, a review of the tools currently available to Mono
developers would be good.  Any performance numbers available would also
be welcome.  Essentially, any information that a developer who is
thinking of using Mono to develop MySQL applications would want should
be covered.

2.  Using Connector/Net with MySQL 4.1 and 5.0

This session would focus on the advanced features of 4.1 and 5.0 and how
you use them from the Connector.  Character sets and
internationalization would be huge.  Calling stored procedures as well
as prepared statements should be covered.  Also, the presenter should be
aware of the most recent developer version of Connector/Net and be able
to present the new features available such as support for new types such
as geometry.

3.  Using Connector/Net from all the popular developer environments

The presenter should present all popular environments and how
Connector/net integrates into each one.  How to reference the assembly
from each one should be covered.  Also, environments that provide access
to the designers and wizards should be shown and the designers and
wizards presented.  Much of what will be presented will appear in
upcoming developer releeases so the presenter should be willing to take
future releases of Connector/Net and study how it interacts in the
different environments.

I'll be posting this information to other lists and will be notifying
the people who respond of what they should do next.

Thank you
Reggie

Thread
Speakers wantedReggie Burnett3 Nov