List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Zubel Date:September 29 2004 7:54am
Subject:Re: [Fwd: Odd ?bug? with DBNull Values]
View as plain text
Nod, I did notice that. However, most of my database-reading routines
check each field with the IsDBNull function so it wasn't as hugely
problematic as it initially seemed.  The problem I do have is a
concurrency violation saving some information (0 records were updated)
which I'm gonna go dig into now.

B.

Guy Platt wrote:
> Thanks for letting me know how to do this. It was quick and easy to build.
>
> I did discover a bug in the way that an empty string is handled by the
> DataReader .. will go search the MySql bugs now to see whether it has
> been reported. Basically an empty string is being returned as an
> <undefined value>  which then causes a crash when I try and assign it to
> a string value.
>
> -- Guy

Thread
[Fwd: Odd ?bug? with DBNull Values]Barry Zubel28 Sep
  • Re: [Fwd: Odd ?bug? with DBNull Values]Guy Platt29 Sep
    • Re: [Fwd: Odd ?bug? with DBNull Values]Barry Zubel29 Sep
      • Re: [Fwd: Odd ?bug? with DBNull Values]Barry Zubel29 Sep