Nod, I did notice that. However, most of my database-reading routines
check each field with the IsDBNull function so it wasn't as hugely
problematic as it initially seemed. The problem I do have is a
concurrency violation saving some information (0 records were updated)
which I'm gonna go dig into now.
Guy Platt wrote:
> Thanks for letting me know how to do this. It was quick and easy to build.
> I did discover a bug in the way that an empty string is handled by the
> DataReader .. will go search the MySql bugs now to see whether it has
> been reported. Basically an empty string is being returned as an
> <undefined value> which then causes a crash when I try and assign it to
> a string value.
> -- Guy