List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:February 21 2007 4:24pm
Subject:RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValue
View as plain text

> Hi guys;
>
> Just a quick question (I am busy writing unit tests for my Business
> Objects
> system)
> I've got a simple object that stores every CLR type and I'm going thru
> testing it's min/max values;
>
> so for example; (pseudo code)
>
> INSERT INTO `TESTA`
> (`boolean`,`byte`,`sbyte`,`char`,`decimal`,`double`,`enumdayofweek`,`fl
> oat`,
> `int16`,`int32`,`int64`,`uint16`,`uint32`,`uint64`,`texta`,`textb`,`tex
> tc`,`
> textd`,`texte`)
> VALUES
> (?boolean,?byte,?sbyte,?char,?decimal,?double,?enumdayofweek,?float,?in
> t16,?
> int32,?int64,?uint16,?uint32,?uint64,?texta,?textb,?textc,?textd,?texte
> )

It appears that there are slight differences between the max value supported
by MySQL and Double.MaxValue.

MySQL:  1.7976931348623157E+308
.NET :  1.79769313486232  E+308

Thread
New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett25 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginMartin MC Brown26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp27 Oct
  • Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginBarry Zubel27 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett27 Oct
    • MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueChris Herridge19 Feb
      • RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueJohan Steyn19 Feb
      • RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueReggie Burnett21 Feb
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginYvan Rodrigues27 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp27 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp28 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett29 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp9 Nov
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett15 Nov
RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueChris Herridge19 Feb