List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:February 20 2007 1:43pm
Subject:RE: Prepared Statements
View as plain text
Ben

MySQL supports only one type of prepared statement and that is server side.
The second URL you included just describes the SQL syntax for the PS.  Frank
is also right when he says that there are currently some issues with PS and
we have provided a connection string option to disable them (this is on by
default).

Reggie

> Dear MySql.NET,
>
> I have been using MySql.NET on Mono and find it easy to use and fast.
>
> I read that the MySql.NET API uses prepared statements.  I'm trying to
> find out a bit more about this.  I know MySQL has two types of Server
> Side Prepared Statement.  There are also Client Side prepared
> statements
> which are external to MySQL.
>
> One Server Site Prepared Statement uses a custom binary protocol for
> fast low bandwidth data transfer:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/c-api-prepared-statements.html
>
> The other is formed in SQL and uses the standard text protocol:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/sqlps.html
>
> But both have a limitation that they doesn't use the Query Cache:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/c-api-prepared-statement-
> problems.html
>
> My question is, which does .NET use?  Can I switch between them
> depending on the behaviour I want?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me,
>
> Ben Clewett.

Prepared StatementsBen Clewett1 Feb
  • Re: Prepared StatementsFrank1 Feb
  • RE: Prepared StatementsReggie Burnett20 Feb
    • Re: Prepared StatementsBen Clewett21 Feb
      • RE: Prepared StatementsReggie Burnett21 Feb
        • Re: Prepared StatementsBen Clewett22 Feb
          • RE: Prepared StatementsReggie Burnett22 Feb
            • Re: Prepared StatementsBen Clewett23 Feb
              • RE: Prepared StatementsReggie Burnett23 Feb