List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:February 2 2007 8:43pm
Subject:MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.9 is now available
View as plain text
Hi,

MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.9 has been released. MySQL Connector/Net is an
all-managed ADO.Net provider for MySQL. This release is suitable for use in
production environments and with any version of MySQL.

It is now available in source and binary form from the Connector/Net
download pages at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/1.0.html and
mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point
of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again
later or choose another download site.)

This release includes many bug fixes along with the following
enhancements/changes:

* Implemented a stored procedure cache. By default, the connector caches the
metadata for the last 25    procedures that are seen. You can change the
number of procedures that are cached by using the 'procedure cache=<size>'
connection string setting. You can disable the procedure cache by setting a
zero size.

* Shared memory connections now work as expected.

* Queries containing a large number of parameters now run many times faster
than before. As an example of the performance gains seen, an internal
testing app that needed more than 30 minutes to execute using 1.0.7,
completes in less than 8 seconds using 1.0.9.

* We are no longer providing binaries compiled with .NET 1.0 or 2.0 with
this branch of the connector. We are doing this for a couple of reasons.
First, we believe the vast majority of our users are using .NET 1.1 or 2.0
so not shipping 1.0 binaries reduces our testing workload while affecting a
small number of developers.  Also, any user building applications with .NET
Framework 2.0 should use our new 5.0 product which fully implements the
ADO.Net interfaces.

* ICSharpCode ZipLib is no longer used by the connector and is no longer
being distributed with it.

* The installer will continue registering the assembly into the Global
Assembly Cache.  Any user that does not want this behavior is encouraged to
download our no-installer packages.

* Turned MySqlPoolManager into a static class and added a static constructor
to avoid any race conditions related to initializing the hash table.

* Added 'Ignore Prepare' connection string option for disabling prepared
statements application-wide.  This was added because we found that
server-side prepared statements did not always work as expected.  Using this
option, a user can continue to use existing code that calls Prepare() while
having that call emulated in a non-prepared way.  The default for this
option is true.

* A nicer exception is displayed if you have added a parameter without the
parameter marker.

* Improved CommandBuilder.DeriveParameters to first try and use the
procedure cache before querying for the stored procedure metadata.

* Return parameters created with DeriveParameters now have the name
RETURN_VALUE.

* Fixed problem with parameter name hashing where the hashes were not
getting updated when parameters were removed from the collection.  This
could cause "item has already been added to the hash" errors.

* Fixed problem where pooled connections that are added back to the idle
pool may be still in the closed state.

* Fixed problem where SingleRow and SchemaOnly behaviors now work correctly
when calling stored procedures or using server-side prepared statements.

Thank you for checking out this release of Connector/Net.

-Reggie

Thread
MySQL Connector/Net 1.0.9 is now availableReggie Burnett2 Feb