List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:February 2 2007 8:29pm
Subject:MySQL Tools for Visual Studio 1.1.2 now available!
View as plain text
Today we have released MySQL Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.1.2 -- a
downloadable plug-in for Visual Studio 2005 that allows Windows developers
to quickly build MySQL data-driven applications with Visual Studio. With
this plug-in, developers will be able to create, modify and manage MySQL
database objects with an easy-to-use interface from within
the Visual Studio IDE.  This product is delivered as a package compatible
with Visual Studio 2005.

This release is identical to 1.1.0 in functionality.  We identified and
corrected some problems with the installers for 1.1.0 and the unreleased
1.1.1.

The 1.1 series plugin adds support for using the DataSource wizard and the
DataSet designer in Visual Studio 2005.  The Data Source wizard can be found
by choosing Data|Add Data Source from the Visual Studio menu.  It provides a
way to connect the generic data-handling capabilities of Visual Studio to
our provider.  Once a data source is added then custom datasets can be
created using the DataSet Designer.  Using this designer, you can drag and
drop database tables onto the design surface and use the created
TableAdapter classes to populate the tables.

MySQL will be presenting a webinar showing these new capabilities.  You can
find the details of this webinar and register for the event at
http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/web-seminars/mysql-tools-vs.php.

MySQL Tools for Visual Studio binaries are currently available under a
no-charge license.  We plan to release the source code and are currently
determining what license the source code will be placed under.  The plug-in
can be downloaded from
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/visual-studio-plugin/1.0.html.

Thank you for  your time and effort in checking out this product.  Please
don't hesitate to use the following resources for posting your bug reports,
questions, or concerns.

Bugs:   http://bugs.mysql.com/   (use the Connector/Net category)
Forum:   http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?38
List:   http://lists.mysql.com/dotnet

Thank you!
Reggie Burnett
MySQL

Thread
MySQL Tools for Visual Studio 1.1.2 now available!Reggie Burnett2 Feb