List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:January 26 2007 5:38pm
Subject:MySQL Tools for Visual Studio 1.1.0 Alpha has been released!
View as plain text
Today we have released the first build of MySQL Tools for Microsoft Visual
Studio 1.1 -- a downloadable plug-in for Visual Studio 2005 that allows
Windows developers to quickly build MySQL data-driven applications with
Visual Studio. With this plug-in, developers will be able to create, modify
and manage MySQL database objects with an easy-to-use interface from within
the Visual Studio IDE.  This product is delivered as a package compatible
with Visual Studio 2005 and delivers the following features:

This release builds on the original 1.0 plugin by adding support for using
the DataSource wizard and the DataSet designer in Visual Studio 2005.  The
Data Source wizard can be found by choosing Data|Add Data Source from the
Visual Studio menu.  It provides a way to connect the generic data-handling
capabilities of Visual Studio to our provider.  Once a data source is added
then custom datasets can be created using the DataSet Designer.  Using this
designer, you can drag and drop database tables onto the design surface and
use the created TableAdapter classes to populate the tables.

MySQL will be presenting a webinar showing these new capabilities.  You can
find the details of this webinar and register for the event at
http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/web-seminars/mysql-tools-vs.php.

MySQL Tools for Visual Studio binaries are currently available under a
no-charge license.  We plan to release the source code and are currently
determining what license the source code will be placed under.  The plug-in
can be downloaded from
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/visual-studio-plugin/1.0.html.

Thank you for  your time and effort in checking out this product.  Please
don't hesitate to use the following resources for posting your bug reports,
questions, or concerns.

Bugs:   http://bugs.mysql.com/   (use the Connector/Net category)
Forum:   http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?38
List:   http://lists.mysql.com/dotnet

Thank you!
Reggie Burnett
MySQL

Thread
MySQL Tools for Visual Studio 1.1.0 Alpha has been released!Reggie Burnett26 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Tools for Visual Studio 1.1.0 Alpha has been released!Stefan Hinz29 Jan