List:MySQL and .NETNext Message »
From:Kris Bekkers Date:October 31 2004 5:33pm
Subject:Illegal mix of collations
View as plain text
Hi all,

I recently downloaded mysql 5.x with the connector .NET beta2. Upon connecting to the database I always get "#HY000Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and
(utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='"

I then try to setup the character set on the server (my.ini: set it to latin1, utf8, etc. in all combinations thinkable).

In the end I "downgraded" to the latest stable mysql version (4.1.7) but the problem still arises.

In the driver.cs there is code setting this to utf8 if the mysql version is 4.1.6. or higher. If I change the code to set it to Latin1, I get on another place the error "stream does not support writing."

Anybody got anny clues on this one?

Kris Bekkers
Disclaimer:
This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any
action in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by return and delete
the transmission.  Although the sender endeavors to maintain a
computer virus free network, the sender does not warrant that this
transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages
resulting from any virus transmitted.
Thank You.
Illegal mix of collationsKris Bekkers31 Oct