List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:December 16 2006 2:44pm
Subject:MySQL Tools for Visual Studio 1.0.2 GA released!
View as plain text
Today we have released MySQL Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.0.2 GA --a
downloadable plug-in for Visual Studio 2005 that allows Windows developers
to quickly build MySQL data-driven applications with Visual Studio.  With
this plug-in, developers will be able to create, modify and manage MySQL
database objects with an easy-to-use interface from within the Visual Studio
IDE.  This product is delivered as a package compatible with Visual Studio
2005 and delivers the following features:

    - DDEX (Data Designer Extensibility) compatibility
    - Ability to work with MySQL objects (tables, views, stored procedures,
etc) from within Server Explorer
    - Support for MySQL versions 4.1 and higher

This product will only work correctly with Connector/Net 5.0.2 and higher.

This release does not include the ability to work with the DataSet designer
but we will be making a beta of 1.1 available shortly that will include this
functionality.  MySQL Tools for Visual Studio binaries are currently
available under a no-charge license.  We plan to release the source code and
are currently determining what license the source code will be placed under.
The plug-in can be downloaded from

Thank you for your time and effort in checking out this product.  Please
don't hesitate to use the following resources for posting your bug reports,
questions, or concerns.

Bugs:   (use the Connector/Net category)

Thank you!
Reggie Burnett

MySQL Tools for Visual Studio 1.0.2 GA released!Reggie Burnett16 Dec