List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:October 26 2006 2:33pm
Subject:RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio plugin
View as plain text

> > David,
> >
> > The new category is for bugs in the Visual Studio plug-in only.
>
> Thanks :-).
> Quoting myself:
>
> > It's "directly related" in the way that MySQL Server is unusable
> > with .NET if you use floating point fields, because MySQL Server
> > is designed such that it breaks optimistic concurrency.
>
> Maybe I should have said that "the bug is directly related to the
> correct functioning of the Visual Studio plug-in".
>
> Anyway, I'm not proposing moving the entire bug (as you seem to
> think?),
> instead I asked if I should create a reference issue, since I'm sure at
> some point people will run into this exact bug by using the Visual
> Studio plug-in in particular...

David

I really appreciate you asking about this but the bug is not in the plugin
and therefore this bug should not be included in that category.  I have not
studied this bug extensively enough to know if it's a problem in the server
or the connector.

Thread
New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett25 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginMartin MC Brown26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp27 Oct
  • Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginBarry Zubel27 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett27 Oct
    • MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueChris Herridge19 Feb
      • RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueJohan Steyn19 Feb
      • RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueReggie Burnett21 Feb
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginYvan Rodrigues27 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp27 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp28 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett29 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp9 Nov
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett15 Nov
RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueChris Herridge19 Feb