List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin MC Brown Date:October 26 2006 1:09pm
Subject:Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio plugin
View as plain text
David,

The new category is for bugs in the Visual Studio plug-in only.

For bugs in Connector/NET or Connector/ODBC (which is what your
examples in this bug use) there is already an appropriate bugs category.

For Bug 5225, based on your description, it would seem that the bug
lies in the server, rather than the connector you might be using,
because you describe it as being incorrect in the command line client
as well as the source code examples.

MC

On 26 Oct 2006, at 10:25, David Dindorp wrote:

>> Just wanted to drop a quick note and let everyone know that we
>> now have a dedicated bugs category for the Visual Studio plugin.
>
> Do you want me to add a reference to bug 5225 there?
>
> It's "directly related" in the way that MySQL Server is unusable
> with .NET if you use floating point fields, because MySQL Server
> is designed such that it breaks optimistic concurrency.
>
> (It won't break immediately for new users, things will first start
>  breaking once they're done implementing and have started putting
>  data that triggers the bug into their system.)
>
> I could even add a concise summary of the bug, explaining in short
> why MySQL Server + .NET is a no-go if you want to use floating point
> numbers.
>
> Hmm.  Or do you have a workaround in the .NET connector for this
> issue, such that is it not relevant here?

Martin MC Brown, Technical Writer
MySQL AB, http://www.mysql.com
Skype: mcmcslp

Thread
New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett25 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginMartin MC Brown26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp26 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett26 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp27 Oct
  • Re: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginBarry Zubel27 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett27 Oct
    • MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueChris Herridge19 Feb
      • RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueJohan Steyn19 Feb
      • RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueReggie Burnett21 Feb
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginYvan Rodrigues27 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp27 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp28 Oct
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett29 Oct
RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginDavid Dindorp9 Nov
  • RE: New bugs category for Visual Studio pluginReggie Burnett15 Nov
RE: MySQL not taking a Double.MaxValueChris Herridge19 Feb