List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reggie Burnett Date:September 11 2006 7:22pm
Subject:MySQL Tools for Visual Studio (Alpha) have been released.
View as plain text
Today we have released the first build of MySQL Tools for Microsoft Visual
Studio -- a downloadable plug-in for Visual Studio 2005 that allows Windows
developers to quickly build MySQL data-driven applications with Visual
Studio. With this plug-in, developers will be able to create, modify and
manage MySQL database objects with an easy-to-use interface from within the
Visual Studio IDE.  This product is delivered as a package compatible with
Visual Studio 2005 and delivers the following features:

.         DDEX (Data Designer Extensibility) compatibility

.         Ability to work with MySQL objects (tables, views, stored
procedures, etc) from within Server Explorer

In a later release, we are planning on including tighter integration with
Visual Studio's DataSet Designer.  This will include the ability for users
to create typed datasets that they can reference from within their code.
This is a very important feature for us and one we are working hard to
provide.

MySQL Tools for Visual Studio binaries are currently available under a
no-charge license.  We plan to release the source code and are currently
determining what license the source code will be placed under.  The plug-in
can be downloaded from
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/visual-studio-plugin/1.0.html.

Thank you for  your time and effort in checking out this product.  Please
don't hesitate to use the following resources for posting your bug reports,
questions, or concerns.

Bugs:   http://bugs.mysql.com/   (use the Connector/Net category)

Forum:   http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?38

List:   http://lists.mysql.com/dotnet

Thank you!

Reggie Burnett

MySQL

Thread
MySQL Tools for Visual Studio (Alpha) have been released.Reggie Burnett11 Sep