List:MySQL and .NET« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:André Pinheiro Date:August 1 2006 11:43am
Subject:Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException:
View as plain text
I have a weird error with using C# with MySQL Connector/NET 1.0.7, using
.NET 2.0.50727 on Windows XP SP2. I get the following error in all machines
except the development machine where all runs smoothly.

Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A request to send
or receive data
 was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a
datagram socket
 using a sendto call) no address was supplied
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown how)
   at MySql.Data.Common.SocketStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
   at System.IO.BufferedStream.ReadByte()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.ReadHeader()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.OpenPacket()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPoolManager.GetConnection(MySqlConnectionString
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
   at SQL.SQL_Broker.selectRows(DataSet dataset, String query) in
C:\Documents and Setting
s\l52345\Desktop\ListaEspera\framework\dataStorage\sql\SQL_Broker.cs:line 46
   at SQL.SQLUtilizador.readLogin(String login) in C:\Documents and
p\ListaEspera\framework\dataStorage\sql\SQLUtilizador.cs:line 16
   at ListaEspera.ListaEspera.Main(String[] args)

The code that produces this output is just a connection open... as I said it
works in the development machine, which the only difference is that it has a
141MB .NET instalation vs the 88MB instalation in the non-working machines,
my thought is that the .NET in the development machine is the SDK so it must
be bigger.

Anyone has thoughts on this? Don't think the code is necessary as it works
on the development machine (which isn't the DB machine), it's just a

Please help or I'll have to change my code to try the ODBC aproach... which
I didn't want...

Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException:André Pinheiro1 Aug
  • Re: Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException:Jorge Bastos1 Aug
Re: Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException:André Pinheiro1 Aug