List:Connector/C++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ulf Wendel Date:December 8 2008 11:54am
Subject:Alpha is out: Release, Manual, Build instructions
View as plain text
Hi!

Just making sure that the information is everywhere available. Last week
we have announced the Alpha:

   http://lists.mysql.com/connector-cplusplus/8
   http://blog.ulf-wendel.de/?p=203

   http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/cpp/1.0.html

Together with the alpha version we have released the initial
documentation at:

   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/6.0/en/connector-cpp.html

And on friday I have blogged about building (compiling), installing and
using the driver. For now, we cannot go beyond describing the procedures
for Visual Studio 2008 (Express) and Unix Makefiles:

   http://blog.ulf-wendel.de/?p=204

If you use any other development environment, it will be up to you to
figure out the details. I hope you understand that we cannot cover every
possible development environment and tool. However, I would be happy, if
you could provide build instructions for other systems.

Please feel free to make additions to the Community wiki page at MySQL
Forge:

   http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Connector_C++

Code examples are at the wiki page, in the manual and can be found in
the directory examples/ of the source distribution of the driver.

Ulf

--
Ulf Wendel, MySQL
Sun Microsystems GmbH,   Sonnenallee 1,   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten