List:Connector/C++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ulf Wendel Date:August 5 2008 9:30pm
Subject:Re: The first preview of MySQL Connector/C++ is available!
View as plain text
Giuseppe Maxia schrieb:
> One question: why do we need to explicitly delete statements,
> connections, and result sets? Couldn't the clean up be dealt with in the
> destructor, so that the objects would free themselves when going out of
> scope?
> It seems a lot of unnecessary writing for a C++ API.

Hello Data Charmer, AKA Giuseppe!

We had to start somewhere - simple as that. We used JDBC 3.0 as a
starting point. Neither did the GUI team ask for destructor features yet
nor did we Connector team guys need it yet.

I'm happy to count -1/0/+1 votes for this feature request and take your
post as +1[00]. I do hope that Andrey and/or Lawrin will hook in for
technical details.

Let me put your request on the Wiki page - tomorrow...

Ulf

--
Ulf Wendel, MySQL
Sun Microsystems GmbH,   Sonnenallee 1,   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten