List:Connector/C++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Giuseppe Maxia Date:August 5 2008 9:13pm
Subject:Re: The first preview of MySQL Connector/C++ is available!
View as plain text
Ulf,
congratulations on this achievement!

One question: why do we need to explicitly delete statements, connections,
and result sets? Couldn't the clean up be dealt with in the destructor, so
that the objects would free themselves when going out of scope?
It seems a lot of unnecessary writing for a C++ API.

Cheers

Giuseppe

--
Giuseppe Maxia, MySQL Community Team Lead
Sun Microsystems, www.mysql.com